The Cinder™ MIPS provides all the features an avid road rider wants in a lightweight package. The design is inspired by the classic aesthetic of our premium Synthe™ helmet, offering similar performance and style. Key features include the Roc Loc® 5 fit system, which allows you to easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Air-FX padding offers comfort on your longest rides, and the helmet is equipped with MIPS to redirect impact energy, providing more protection in certain impacts.
– Compact shape Air-Fix padding, Ponytail compatible, MIPS equipped
– Construction: In-mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner, Thermoformed SL Roll Cage™ reinforcement
– Fit System: Roc Loc ® 5
– Ventilation: 26 Wind Tunnel™vents with internal channeling
– All Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro’s MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces. Giro believes that helmets equipped with this technology can reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to rider’s brain in certain impacts. Learn more about MIPS in the video above.
ROC LOC® 5 Fit System:
– The industry benchmark in comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. In addition to enhancing the fit and comfort of helmets, Roc Loc® 5 allows you to easily custom tune the fit tension and the fore-aft tilt of the helmet in seconds using a single hand. And it’s lighter than comparable systems too, making it the ultimate in skull-hugging luxury.
– In-Mold Construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmets impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows for better ventilation systems, making in-mold helmets lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.